Berkshire Health Systems
Hillcrest Campus of BMC
165 Tor Ct.
Project Owner - Berkshire Health Systems
The scope of work for this existing facility rehabilitation consisted of:
- Total gut of the existing fit and finish for the first, third and fourth floors of the previous multi operational medical usages.
- Second floor and Penthouse partial renovations.
- Renovations of more than 44,000 square feet of existing spaces inclusive of all new interior framing and drywall, paint, new suspended ceiling systems, wall coverings, carpet, resilient flooring, ceramic tile, wood flooring, and more than 10,000 square feet of Terrazzo flooring.
- Renovations were completed in phases while the facility was still in operation requiring comprehensive and ever changing Infectious Control in work areas.
- New Rooftop dunnage for new Mechanical systems as well as structural reinforcements at the roof for added mechanical loads
- New interior stairway connecting the third and fourth floors
- Removal and replacement of 79 storefront windows at the exterior façade of the existing structure.
- Re-fit of the existing first, third and fourth floor spaces to a new State of the art Cancer Center inclusive of a Pharmacy, Lab spaces, Infusion stations, Patient rooms, Library, Conference and Classroom spaces for Staff, as well as first floor Retail space dedicated to cancer treatment needs.
- Total rehabilitation of a 2 car Elevator system inclusive of both aesthetic upgrades and mechanical hoisting system component replacements to bring the Elevators up to present codes. One of the two cars were re-fitted to include rear entry access at all 4 floors to the new addition which required openings to be cut into the existing exterior CMU and brick veneer wall assembly.
- Construction of a new 5,575 front entry addition inclusive of a 5,575 two story with mezzanine level main entry with a grand stairway connecting the main floor and mezzanine constructed with a glass and stainless steel rail system and pre-cast terrazzo stair treads and risers with the main floor flooring consisting entirely of Terrazzo. The addition includes upper third and fourth floor spaces of 1,103 square feet each for patient waiting and relaxation spaces with all three exterior walls constructed with a Curtain wall system which results in magnificent views of the Berkshire Hills. The Addition also included engineered exterior pre-cast concrete wall panels in concert with the curtain wall system.
- Construction of a new 1,480 square foot drive up Canopy cladded entirely in a custom field fabricated Metal Composite Panel system.
Services Provided by Firm
Aquadro & Cerruti Inc. was the General Contractor for the foundations, structure, pre-cast, window systems, selective demolition and all of the fit and finish for both the renovation and addition portions of the project. The major demolition, excavation and all of the MEP and Fire protection systems were under separate contract by the Construction Manager.
January 2013 to November 2014
Architect and Construction Manager
2170 Whitehaven Road
Grand Island, NY 14072